August 26, 2015
The meeting of the Board of Directors of StudentRND was called to order at 7:00pm by Edward Jiang.
- Edward Jiang, Chair
- Tyler Menezes, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Executive Director
- Christy Wilson, Board Member
- Zaq Wiedmann, Board Member
A quorum of members was present throughout the meeting.
Charlie Kindel was absent.
Motion from Tyler to approve the Minutes from July 29, 2015.
Vote: 4 for, 0 against (1 absent)
Resolved: Motion carried
Tyler Presented the Executive Director Report
- RM on-boarding for Fall 2015 is complete
- Sent out revised contracts to organizers in smaller cities, old contracts to RMs in larger cities
- Scheduled group meetings for East and West-cost RMs, 1-1s, and several sponsorship debugging meetings
- Focus for next three weeks is sponsors and venues. 5 cities already have venues, and several cities are already talking to sponsors. Expect to start getting responses back from that on Friday
- Sponsorships are still going.
- We have a lot of "no"s from local sponsors on upping their commitment, even working with the RMs. Largely concerns about cost.
- Most RMs in non-major cities working on getting several community sponsors, rather than trying to get e.g. a recruiting sponsor, which is usually not feasible. Smaller cities on modified contracts need to get $1k in sponsorship -- told them to focus on the smaller sponsorships and food sponsorship
- Currently looking positive for 14 companies we're talking to -- 9 local, 5 national. All returning sponsors. If we get all yeses, that's about $30k -- mostly from the national
- Fundraising from community
- Event has a venue, is planned out, and scheduled. People invited personally over email, as well as a general FB invite.
- Several email variants ready for sending to parents, focusing on recurring donations as well as getting involved in organizing to increase buy-in. Planning to send on Monday.
Edward discussed changes he'd like made to the website
- Add additional information about who runs the organization
- Add information on why we're excited
- Update the contact page
- Add an about section with information on "why"
- What was the original idea for studentrnd -- empowering students
- Meeting other people who had similar interests
- Replace "programs which support students" on the homepage
Adjournment of Meeting
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00pm by Edward Jiang.