srnd.org strives to make students feel welcome so they can meet new friends, have fun, and build cool things. To create this atmosphere, we need the help of the whole community.
At srnd.org events, please be friendly and welcoming.
- Be humble, even when you're successful.
- Respect, encourage, and support others.
- Don't use offensive language referring to people's gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or disabilities. Don't use sexualized language or imagery.
- Don't “hit on” other attendees, even if you think the person is receptive.
srnd.org members may never harass others.
Harassment includes words or behavior which are intended to disparage, demean, mock, or intimidate a person or group, and unwanted contact of a sexual nature. People who participate in harassment are not welcome at our events, even when this behavior takes place outside the event.
At srnd.org events, keep things safe and legal.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others. Do not carry guns, knives, or other weapons. Deescalate conflicts when possible; get staff help when not.
- Abstain from using or being under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, illicit substances, and recreational drugs.
You have the right to feel welcome.
If you ever feel you are unwelcome, unsafe, or in a hostile environment, please let us know (even if you don't think it violates our code).
If you see something, say something. Anyone who makes a report in good faith will receive free admission to future events for life as a token of our thanks.
We will take your report seriously.
If you report concerning behavior, impartial staff will conduct a prompt and thorough investigation. If you request anonymity, we will do our best to keep you anonymous. If you have a concern about the investigation, you will be able to escalate.
You will not face retaliation, even if your report involves staff, mentors, volunteers, or sponsors. Any attempt to retaliate will be treated as harassment.
You can report a problem in many ways.
- in person: Look for anyone with a red "srnd" badge with a holo security seal.
- online: form
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 888-607-SRND ext 9999
- slack: @tylermenezes
- fb: @srnd.org
We can help you file other complaints.
We can help you file complaints with other organizations and agencies. Here are two common ones:
Police: You may be able to file a criminal complaint in many cases.
Title IX: If you have an issue involving sexual harassment or sexual violence, and you attended with your school, attended an event hosted at a school, or had an issue with another student at your same school, you also have a right to report the behavior to the school under Title IX. You can find out who to contact by searching for "[school name] Title IX Coordinator."
Last updated October 26, 2017.